Staff Vacancies at the Filey Surgery
Dispenser - 30 hours per week approx
We are looking for a person to work as part of our dispensary team in a busy General Practice. The role will include preparation of repeat prescriptions, dispensing of medication, ordering and stock control of drugs and appliances, ensuring that patient records are kept up to date with medication changes.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given although an NVQ2 qualification in dispensing, and/or experience would be an advantage.
The main tasks will be:
Preparation of prescriptions, including repeat prescriptions, using TPP Systmone clinical system.
- Dispensing of medication to the Practice’s dispensing patients and temporary residents.
- Maintenance of controlled drug register and conforming to all relevant legislation
- Maintenance of stock levels including ordering, checking of invoices and managing expiry dates.
- Dealing with queries from patients regarding medication and referring these to a Doctor when appropriate.
- Dealing with medication changes from test results and hospital correspondence.
If you would like any more details, an application form or an informal visit to the surgery, please contact Jayne Wilson, Office Manager, or Amanda Cowling on 01723 515881 option 5 or email email@example.com.
Closing Date Wednesday 30th May 2018.
Interviews to be held week commencing 4th June 2018